PLANNING A HOME SOLAR ELECTRIC SYSTEM
When planning a solar system for a home, it is important to evaluate whether a home solar electric system will work for you or not, as such you should consider the following:
- Know how solar power/energy work – This will give a clue how solar system works
- Your available solar resource – First question, do you have clear and unobstructed access to sunlight for most or all of the day, throughout the year?
- The system size — do you have a strong roof or area large enough to accommodate it?
- The economics — is it worth the investment?
Evaluating Your Site’s Solar Resource
- Certainly, the amount of electricity generated at a particular site will definitely depend on how much of the sun’s energy reaches it.
- Before buying a Photovoltaic (PV) system, you will want to be sure your site has enough solar energy to meet your electricity needs efficiently and economically. Luckily, at PSC Solar UK, we got skilled Engineers that will perform a solar site inspection or analysis for you.
- When evaluating your site, you’ll also need to consider both the geographic orientation and the tilt of your solar panels as both can affect your system’s performance.
The Economics of a Small Solar Electric System for Homes
The economics of a home solar electric or PV system are determined by both the capital and operating costs. Capital costs include the initial costs of designing and installing a PV system while Operating costs include the costs associated with maintaining and operating the PV system over its useful life.
The factors that affect both capital and operating costs include:
- System Components – This involves the quality of material used in building the solar system.
- System Size- The site or location will determine the numbers of solar panels that will be used.
- Is the system grid – connected or stand-alone(off-grid)
- Solar resource at your location (amount of sunlight).
Before selecting system components and sizing a PV system for an existing home, you should evaluate your energy consumption patterns and try to reduce your home’s electricity use. You can start by performing a load analysis, which includes these tasks:
- Looking at your utility bills over the past year
- Calculating energy consumption
- Recognizing consumption trends.
- Contact PSC Solar UK Client Customer service and let us know what gadgets available in your home or office that will be using this solar system so we could give you a quote.
By understanding your “energy habits” and becoming more energy efficient, you can reduce the size of the PV system you’ll need, lowering both your capital and operating costs.
PV or solar panel system Cost Considerations
The cost of installing the solar panel or photovoltaic cells will definitely be determined by your electronics or gadgets. Contact PSC Solar UK on +2348120855444, +23416280208 and get a FREE QUOTE that will suit your request so that you can enjoy a UNINTERRUPTED ELECTRICITY.
Once you have gotten your quote, you can compare the cost of your annual electricity usage (called demand) to get an idea of how much you will save to install the renewable solar electric system. As a rule, the cost per kilowatt-hour goes down as you increase the size of the system.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS AND ADVANTAGES OF PLANNING AND BUYING AND INSTALLING SOLAR SYSTEM FROM PSC SOLAR UK
- At PSC Solar, we offer a 1-year warranty on all our products and installation within Lagos and anywhere in Nigeria and can be scheduled within 24 -72hrs.
- The solar system’s materials such as the solar panels, solar inverters, solar charge controllers, deep cycle batteries, etc.are made in Germany and are of the best quality
- Our good after sales service is second-to-none
- We have Engineers that are highly trained to install your system without causing any damage.
Mr. Michael Edun is a Senior Technical writer and IT Manager at PSC SOLAR (UK) LTD. Lagos, Nigeria. – 08120855444
Please Feel Free to Post Your Comments …………….