But why? much of power consumption is just about hot water, and 1-3m2 domestic vacuum solar collector for $400 + $500 4m3 insulated hot water tank, pipes and $10 electronics can replace half work of the huge 6-10kwth system for 1/20 of the cost! while replacing 15 tesla powerwalls! 4m3 water tank of hot water = 230kwth! = 15 tesla powerwalls! at 1/100 of the cost and going to lasts 50 years!
– washing machine
– kettle/kitchen (just heat a bit more, so a big economy too)
All of that use/can be powered by a hot water! washing machine and dishwasher use 85% energy just to boil the water, clothes dryer can be powered by hot water in radiator and small 10w pump(in diy box with time and space in exchange)! and 100% free shower, just connect it all to solar heated hot water! so you don’t need huuuge PV system, you don’t need huuuge 10kwth solar invertor! you can have 1/5 PV system with cheap invertor + storage for TV, PC, microwave, fridge.
- 1kwth PV and vacuum tube collector provide the same per day but tube is x2.5 cheaper
- you can utilize up to 90% energy from the tube with water storage and you can have safe storage, like underground one in the backyard
- 2018 LCOE of rooftop is $150/Mwt, so it is just hidden form of energy poverty for whole system, you just becoming grid company boyfriend and “provider”, it is form of cheating
- invertor and heat pump does not have 20years warranty and CAPEX becoming too big for the masses anyway.
- over insulated house with heat recovey ventilation better than costly big AC system, it will lasts longer.
- with domestic hot water “baseload” – whole urban area can cut off the “duck curve” for the power company